Saturday, August 1, 2015

Chili Cheese Fries - Comfort Food

I recently returned from a trip to Colorado.  
There we tried to visit one of my favorite restaurants in Minturn - the Turn Table. 
I
It is the epitome of a greasy spoon diner, and a local's secret. Our favorite meals there are the gringo, and boos burritos.  One of my best friends and I used to stop in after snowshoeing, and she would ALWAYS get their chili cheese fries.  Yesterday, we played with homemade steak fries in my kitchen, and here's my rendition of chili cheese fries - inspired by the Turntable. 
This is a great meal when you want to spice up left over chili, need a warm comfort food, perfect for a cool fall or cold winter's night.


1 Recipe Chili (leftovers are great)
1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Place desired quantity of fries on oven safe plate or dish.
Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
Place under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly. 

Slide fries and melted cheese into bowl of hot chili.
Garnish with sour cream, chopped onions or chives, bacon as desired.  



No comments:

Post a Comment